Entries are now open – please read important information below regarding Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and its relevance to our Tri Challenge event in 2022.
Foot & Mouth Disease (FMD)
“Australia is currently in a heightened period of risk for a foot and Mouth disease (FMD) outbreak following detection and spread of FMD in Indonesia and most recently Bali in July 2022.
FMD is a highly contagious virus that can be transmitted on clothing, shoes and equipment that have been used on overseas farms infected with FMD. If these items are carrying the virus and they are not cleaned and disinfected they could introduce disease onto Australian farms
Australia is currently free of FMD and community, industry and government must work together to ensure that the Australia remains disease free. Strengthening both national and on farm biosecurity are key steps to prevent the entry of disease and we ask that all competitors, officials and spectators respect farm biosecurity. This includes.
- People and equipment that have travelled from FMD infected countries in the last seven days are asked not to attend Australian farms and specifically the Gloucester Mountain Man Tri Challenge as the event passes through several privately owned farming properties.
- Vehicle and bike tyres can introduce diseases and weed seeds. Please ensure that tyres are free from dirt and weed seeds if they have been used on farms and bush tracks out of this area.
- Ensuring spectators and Officials use clean boots and clothes when walking on farms is a good biosecurity practice.
- Minimise vehicle movements on farms and do not have contact with livestock on farms.
In the event that FMD was detected anywhere in Australia, there would be an immediate 72 hour National Livestock Standstill. If this were to occur in the lead up to, or coincide with the planned triathlon, then farm access would be denied.
All competitors that have already entered will be contacted and refunded as soon as possible.
- Entries close Saturday September 10th 2022 at 2pm.
- Payment is required at time of entry using a credit card.
- For teams entering it is best to have all team member details before beginning entry form.
- If you choose to withdraw your entry a $20 administration fee may be charged, this is at the discretion of the Tri Challenge committee.
- Late entries may be accepted however a $20 late fee will be applied and will also be at the discretion of the Tri Challenge Committee.
- If online entry is unavailable to you contact Gai Falla at email@example.com
- If it is necessary to close entries earlier than stated date due to excess numbers, those who have paid will be given priority.