Conditions of entry
- Course marshals shall have authority to disqualify participants.
- Medical authorities shall have ULTIMATE and FINAL authority to remove a participant from the race if the participant is judged to be physically incapable of continuing the race without the risk of serious injury or death. Medical transportation of any participant will result in automatic disqualification.
- No stimulants, depressants or other substances with the intent to improve performance, eliminate the sense of fatigue or for any other purpose.
- Good sportsmanlike conduct will be demanded of all contestants. Fraud, theft and acts of grossly unsportsmanlike conduct are grounds for immediate disqualification.
- If a contestant decides to withdraw from the race at any time, it is the responsibility of the contestant to notify a Race Marshall or Official. It is essential that race officials know where contestants are on the course at all times.
- Any appliance prescribed for a contestant by a medical practitioner must be approved by the Medical Director before it can be used in the event. Failure to gain approval will result in immediate DISQUALIFICATION.
- Competitors must be over 12 years old on the day of the race. Competitors under 18 years must have written permission from parent or guardian. Proof of age may be required.
- Note that Waiver forms are required to be completed and agreed to when entering. They are: Medical Questionaire, Individual Waiver and Team Waiver – these will be available when completing your entry form and entries cannot be finalised until this is completed.
The Rules Enforcement Committee will consist of a chief judge and two referees who will review each protest and whose ruling will be FINAL. Each race section will be under the control of a manager (Kayak, Cycle. Run).
Race Officials citing any contestant will inform the section Manager as soon as possible by providing the cited contestants number and reason for citation. The official is under no obligation to inform the contestant of the citation. The section Manager will inform the Race Director at race headquarters of the cited contestant’s completion of the section event, or within 30 minutes of the cited contestant finishing the complete event.
The Race Director will then post the number/s of the cited contestant/s on a display board and record the citation and related details on a citation list. It is the responsibility of the contestant to monitor the citation display board and lodge a written appeal/protest within 30 minutes of his/hers finishing time of the posting of notice of citation.
At no time will a public announcement be made regarding cited contestants.